Ramadan Routine: Skin Care & Makeup


Can't get closer than this..
First off, let me say I am no skin or makeup guru. All of what I have learned is from my closest friends, actual fashion guru's and my own research. I just started wearing concealer this past year! So I'm definitely new to all this but decide I share my regular skin care routine with you and what I do extra for Ramadan. Alhamdulilah I never had any major skin issues but recently as I get older, dark circles, puffy eyes and uneven skin tone have begun to appear. So here some tricks I do to help remedy these specific issues. Hope this helps you :)

Natural Facials
Lately, this is my new obsession--mainly because its cheap and easy! I don't like using too many products with chemicals in them as I have sensitive skin and tends to irritate it and cause rashes. I've been noticing a lot of people have been making their own natural facials at home. I recently started using a yogurt type mask. This is essential in Ramadan since our skin is not being hydrated as it is use to. It definitely has brightened up the dullness in my face and slowly Im seeing more even skin tone! Here is what I use in my homemade mask! 
  • Yogurt- 1 tbsp
    • Lactic Acid- Helps exfoliate skin and helps hydrate skin
    • Anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties- helps fight acne
    • Rich in Zinc: Removes blemishes, dark circles and reduces discoloration
  • Honey- 1 tbsp
    • Anti-Bacterial properties- helps fight acne as well
    • Cleanser- soaks up impurities from your pours
    • Antioxidants- Help reverse any bad effects from the sun
    • Moisturizer- makes your skin soft and supple especially those with very dry skin
  • Lemon- 1 tbsp (freshly squeezed)
    • Helps get rid of dark spots and pigmentation
    • Also helps heal acne 
    • Citrus component helps get rid of blackheads 
I use this about 2 to 3 times a week and its made a huge difference in my skin. My skin is much more soft and smooth as I have very dry skin all year long. During Ramadan, my dark circles have worsened and created a dullness to my face probably because of lack of sleep and decreased intake of water all day. This homemade face mask definitely helps brighten my skin with all its amazing properties. The best part is its au naturel without any chemicals! There are so many homemade natural face masks that you can find online. I specifically have uneven skin tone (under eyes, upper lip, chin), dark circles and very dry skin, so this one works for me. From my research this one seems also suitable for those with acne as well. Make sure before applying to your whole face, test it out on the side of your face to prevent any skin reaction. 

Moisturize
It is extremely essential to moisturize! I personally just use Ponds Dry Skin Cream on a daily basis. Before going to sleep, I also lather some vaseline on dry parts of my face such as my nose and forehead. It does wonders! I probably should invest in a good moisturizer, but alhamdulilah this routine has been working for me. Also, since I have been using my new face mask, the yogurt has been a natural moisturizer! 
Daily Makeup





 Prolongwear Concealer by Mac, Orgasm Blush by Nars, Lots of Lashes by Maybeline, Color Riche Balm by L'Oreal

Oh Makeup. The less, the better. I personally like a clean natural look--at least on a daily basis. My routine consists of four items: concealer, blush, mascara and lipstick. I have recently started using Mac's Prolongwear Concealer (NC-35) and I love it! A little goes a long way. For blush, my ultimate favorite is Orgasm by Nars. A little on the pricier side but lasts a while. I wear it almost everyday and it lasted me about a year and half. For Mascara, I recently switched to Maybeline's lots of lashes and I love it! My favorite is They're Real by Benefit but breaks my bank a little bit. So for now Maybeline does it for me! Lastly for lipstick, I go with a pink-nudish color, closest to my natural lip color just to rid of the dull look. 
Other Tips
Lastly here are some other tips for healthy and good looking skin that I personally use. 
  1. Always take off all makeup before going to sleep. 
  2. Go Bare! Once or twice a week, do not wear makeup at all. Your skin needs to breath. 
  3. Avoid Oily Foods: Especially in Ramadan! This causes acne, flaky skin and clogs pores.  
  4. Fruits: Contents like water, antioxidants and vitamins are amazing for natural, glowing skin.   
  5. Drink Water: In Ramadan this may be difficult, but try to drink as much as possible.  

Hope this is helpful to you! I never really took care of my skin until a year or so ago when I started to have skin issues. Don't be like me and prevent them from happening with natural face masks and really just eating healthy. Try this and let me know how it works. What other skin care techniques works for you?

with love,
sania

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

Related : Ramadan Routine: Skin Care & Makeup

0 komentar:

Post a Comment